Weekly classes are now full for January-March 2014. Notify me right away if you would like to be on a wait list for March-May. My recently updated schedule page has class times, dates and costs.
If you have studied with me but now live somewhere other than Madison area, I now offer a limited number of online Contemplative Writing classes. Contact me to see if I can get you into one soon.
Retreats – Madison-area
I am offering a five-day retreat for the first time ever, in June.
We don’t have all the details nailed down, but the dates are June 12-17, and the location is on Washington Island, Door County, Wisconsin. I will let you know as soon as I have registration in order and more information about housing and transportation.
Our annual informal farm retreat will happen this summer, too, in Arena, WI. Likely it will happen in August. I’ll let you know when I have those dates together as well.
Retreats – Tallahassee, Toronto, Paris
I have two writing retreats scheduled otherwise, one for Tallahassee, Florida (March 1-2) and one for Toronto, Ontario, Canada (May 31-June 1). I will post registration links over email and on my schedule page as soon as I have them.
Finally, I will be offering a full weekend writing retreat in Paris, France, likely in October, for the first time ever. Please keep your eyes peeled about that one.
Spread the word to folks you know in any of these locations!
Nalanda Miksang Contemplative Photography
- Level II Milwaukee WI January 18-19, 2014 (more information or to register)
- Level III/Absolute Eye Milwaukee WI March 29-30 2014 (information/registration TBA)
- Level III Madison WI May 10-11 2014 (information/registration TBA)
- Level III/Absolute Eye Austin TX February 15-16, 2014
- Level II (with Martha Teall and Denise Bossarte) May 17-18 2014 (information/registration)
- 2nd Annual Nalanda Miksang Teacher Retreat – Toronto Ontario area, August or September of 2014 (TBA)
- Shambhala Art I-II Tallahassee Florida, March 8-9 2014 (registration/information TBA)
- Shambhala Art III Madison Wisconsin April 12-13 2014 (registration/information TBA)
- Shambhala Art III Toronto Ontario, May 24-25, 2014 (information/registration)
Read and Write
Sunday, February 23, 2014 (changed date!), 10am – 4pm
Please join us for a very special Read and Write, hosted by a student in her lovely home in McFarland.
The book: The Woman Who Watches Over The World, Linda Hogan. The schedule is the same as usual. Please come for some part or all – if you are a student of mine, you don’t have to have read the book; if you aren’t a student, please read the book and join us to learn more!
10-11 Discuss book
11-12 Write from book
12-1 Potluck lunch
1-4 Write and share
Other Madison-Area Offerings
Weekly class, starts Monday January 13
Information/registrationWomen Poets Write-In
February 1, 2014, 12-3pm, Goodman Madison South Library Writing is a solitary act but sometimes it’s nice to be alone together. Join Madison Poets Laureate Wendy Vardaman and Sarah Busse for an informal “write in.” Bring your work-in-progress and spend an hour or two–or three!–in mutual support mode. Time for writing, time for doodling, and time for casual conversation around the work, the challenges we face, the dreams we have. For anyone who identifies as a woman poet and who is interested. Coffee provided!
Know someone who would enjoy this? Invite them! We’re looking forward to seeing you!
Emotions, Wisdom and the Sanity of the Moment
Thursday February 6, 7-9pm
Five Keys to Mindful Communication
Weekend workshop with Susan Chapman