Find current and upcoming opportunities to work with me.
Return – a course for setting New Year’s Intentions That Stick, 2019, is here.
Weekly In-Person Classes
I offer four seven-week sessions generally: January-March, March-May, August-October, and October-December.
Fall weekly writing session
September 3-October 21, 2019
Winter weekly writing session
October 28-December 18, 2019 (no class week of US Thanksgiving)
- Mondays, 6:30-8:30 pm
- Tuesdays, 6:30-8:30 pm
- Wednesdays, 9:00-11:00 am
- Wednesdays, 4:30-6:30 pm
Cost: $175 (sliding scale $75-$250) per seven-week session.
Fill out this form now if you’d like to join a waiting list. Make sure to include which times and days work for you. Classes fill quickly and students often stay in the same time slot, but openings do come up from time to time.
Online Classes and Groups
Currently, I run two online groups that meet, on average, every other week. Fill out this form to find out when and if there are any openings at this moment.
Courses I have offered in the past but am not offering at the moment;
- Write Now!: This introduction to Contemplative Writing runs twice a year through Shambhala Online: www.shambhalaonline.org.
- Mindful Memoir: This class in applying Buddhism to memoir writing is not currently running; check back for updates or contact me for more information. It hasn’t run in awhile.
Contemplative Writing Retreats
- Winter Writing Retreat (January 2020)
- Summer Writing Retreat (summer 2020)
Nalanda Miksang Photography
I teach Miksang Photography both in-person and online.
Programs in Madison, WI
Programs outside of Madison, WI
I offer three forms of online Miksang courses:
- Large group classes with online forums and live meetings. Six-week courses. Typical cost is $150-$175 with a sliding scale always available. Fill out this form for more information.
- Small group mentorship: Can start any time. Six-week courses of groups of four students at a time. Cost is $150-$300 (sliding scale) per person. Done through social media (Flickr/Facebook) and six live Skype meetings. Fill out this form for information.
- Individual mentorship: Can start at any time. Six-week courses, one-on-one. Cost is $300-$600 (sliding scale). Done through social media (Flickr/Facebook/Wiki) and six live Skype meetings. Fill out this form for information.
Karuna Training, Creative Process, and Coaching
I am on continuity faculty for the Baltimore, MD Karuna Training Cycle
One-on-one mentorship to help shape your creative journey. Learn more here.
- Creativity Lab: A monthly meet up to explore creativity and meditation at the Madison Shambhala Center. Free and open to all. Fill out this form for information and registration.
Receive my weekly newsletter: recent blog posts, events, and creative opportunities!