Find current and upcoming opportunities to work with me.
Return – a course for setting New Year’s Intentions That Stick, 2018, is here.
Weekly In-Person Classes
I offer four seven-week sessions generally: January-March, March-May, August-October, and October-December.
Winter weekly writing session
February 5 – March 19, 2018
Spring weekly writing session
April 9 – May 21, 2018
- Mondays, 6:30-8:30 pm
- Tuesdays, 6:30-8:30 pm
- Wednesdays, 9:00-11:00 am
- Wednesdays, 4:30-6:30 pm
Cost: $175 (sliding scale) per seven-week session.
Contact me now if you’d like to join a waiting list. Classes fill quickly and students often stay in the same time slot, but openings do come up from time to time.
Weekly Online Classes
I teach one online class and run one online group that meets weekly:
- Write Now!: This introduction to Contemplative Writing runs twice a year through Shambhala Online: www.shambhalaonline.org.
- Keep Writing!: This group follows Write Now! and is an ongoing practice group.
- Mindful Memoir: This class in applying Buddhism to memoir writing is not currently running; check back for updates or contact me for more information. It hasn’t run in awhile.
Contemplative Writing Retreats
- Winter Writing Retreat, January 12-16, 2017 at Whispering Woodlands in Madison, WI – registration and information here.
Nalanda Miksang Photography
I teach Miksang Photography both in-person and online.
Programs in Madison, WI
Programs outside of Madison, WI
I offer three forms of online Miksang courses:
- Through Shambhala Online: Large group classes with online forums and live meetings. Six-week courses. Typical cost is $150-$175 with a sliding scale always available.
- Small group mentorship: Can start any time. Six-week courses of groups of four students at a time. Cost is $150-$300 (sliding scale) per person. Done through social media (Flickr/Facebook/Wiki) and six live Skype meetings. Contact me for information.
- Individual mentorship: Can start at any time. Six-week courses, one-on-one. Cost is $300-$600 (sliding scale). Done through social media (Flickr/Facebook/Wiki) and six live Skype meetings. Contact me for information.
One-on-one mentorship to help shape your creative journey. Learn more here.
- Creativity Lab: A monthly meet up to explore creativity and meditation at the Madison Shambhala Center. Free and open to all. Contact me for information and registration.
Receive my weekly newsletter: recent blog posts, events, and creative opportunities!