Find current and upcoming opportunities to work with me.
Brand new offering: Return – an online four-week class for setting New Year’s Intentions That Stick, January 1-31, 2017, with an option to have a year-long support group. Information here.
Weekly In-Person Classes
I offer four seven-week sessions generally: January-March, March-May, August-October, and October-December.
Winter weekly writing session
January 30 – March 13, 2017
Spring weekly writing session
April 27 – May 8, 2017
- Mondays, 7-9pm
- Tuesdays, 6:30-8:30 pm
- Wednesdays, 9:00-11:00 am
- Wednesdays, 4:00-6:00 pm
Cost: $150 (sliding scale) per seven-week session.
Contact me now if you’d like to join a waiting list. Classes fill quickly and students often stay in the same time slot, but openings do come up from time to time.
Weekly Online Classes
I teach one online class and run one online group that meets weekly:
- Write Now!: This introduction to Contemplative Writing runs twice a year through Shambhala Online: www.shambhalaonline.org.
- Keep Writing!: This group follows Write Now! and is an ongoing practice group.
- Mindful Memoir: This class in applying Buddhism to memoir writing is not currently running; check back for updates or contact me for more information. It hasn’t run in awhile.
Contemplative Writing Retreats
- Write from the Hip, December 17, 2016 at Mound St Yoga with Integrated Eros – registration and information here.
- Winter Writing Retreat, January 21-24, 2017 at Holy Wisdom Monastery in Madison, WI – registration and information here.
Nalanda Miksang Photography
I teach Miksang Photography both in-person and online.
Programs in Madison, WI
- Nalanda Miksang Intensive: Levels I-II, August 15-19, 2016 (registration/information here)
- Nalanda Miksang Level I Teacher Training: August 20-21, 2016 (registration/information here)
Programs outside of Madison, WI
- Level II in Paris, France: October 7-9, 2016 (in French and English) (contact me for information)
I offer three forms of online Miksang courses:
- Through Shambhala Online: Large group classes with online forums and live meetings. Six-week courses. Typical cost is $150-$175 with a sliding scale always available. A Level I begins September 15 and runs through November 1. Here is registration/information.
- Small group mentorship: Can start any time. Six-week courses of groups of four students at a time. Cost is $150-$300 (sliding scale) per person. Done through social media (Flickr/Facebook/Wiki) and six live Skype meetings. Contact me for information.
- Individual mentorship: Can start at any time. Six-week courses, one-on-one. Cost is $300-$600 (sliding scale). Done through social media (Flickr/Facebook/Wiki) and six live Skype meetings. Contact me for information.
An ongoing, three-times-a-week creativity prompt delivered via email. Learn more here.
One-on-one mentorship to help shape your creative journey. Learn more here.
- Creativity Lab: A monthly meet up to explore creativity and meditation at the Madison Shambhala Center. Will begin again in September 2016. Free and open to all. Contact me for information and registration.
Receive my weekly newsletter: recent blog posts, events, and creative opportunities!