Find current and upcoming opportunities to work with me.
Return – a course for setting New Year’s Intentions That Stick, 2019, is here.
Weekly In-Person Classes
I offer four seven-week sessions generally: January-March, March-May, August-October, and October-December.
Winter weekly writing session
February 4 – March 20, 2019
Spring weekly writing session
April 1 – May 15, 2019
- Mondays, 6:30-8:30 pm
- Tuesdays, 6:30-8:30 pm
- Wednesdays, 9:00-11:00 am
- Wednesdays, 4:30-6:30 pm
Cost: $175 (sliding scale $75-$175) per seven-week session.
Contact me now if you’d like to join a waiting list. Classes fill quickly and students often stay in the same time slot, but openings do come up from time to time.
Online Classes and Groups
I teach one online class and run one online group that meets weekly. Contact me to find out when and if there are any openings at this moment.
- Write Now!: This introduction to Contemplative Writing runs twice a year through Shambhala Online: www.shambhalaonline.org.
- Keep Writing!: This group follows Write Now! and is an ongoing practice group.
- Mindful Memoir: This class in applying Buddhism to memoir writing is not currently running; check back for updates or contact me for more information. It hasn’t run in awhile.
Contemplative Writing Retreats
- Winter Writing Retreat, January 19-22, 2019 near Madison, WI – registration and information here.
Nalanda Miksang Photography
I teach Miksang Photography both in-person and online.
Programs in Madison, WI
Programs outside of Madison, WI
Level III in San Francisco CA, January 12-13, 2019 (information and registration here)
I offer three forms of online Miksang courses:
- Through Shambhala Online: Large group classes with online forums and live meetings. Six-week courses. Typical cost is $150-$175 with a sliding scale always available.
- Small group mentorship: Can start any time. Six-week courses of groups of four students at a time. Cost is $150-$300 (sliding scale) per person. Done through social media (Flickr/Facebook/Wiki) and six live Skype meetings. Contact me for information.
- Individual mentorship: Can start at any time. Six-week courses, one-on-one. Cost is $300-$600 (sliding scale). Done through social media (Flickr/Facebook/Wiki) and six live Skype meetings. Contact me for information.
Karuna Training, Creative Process, and Coaching
I will be on continuity faculty for the Baltimore, MD Karuna Training Cycle
It begins April 2019. For more information, see the Karuna Training website here, including upcoming Introduction to Contemplative Psychology programs here, which are a good taster for how the two-year cycle feels.
Baltimore cycle dates and details here.
In particular, I will be co-teaching the “ICP” at Boston Shambhala the weekend of February 9-10, 2019. You can find that here.
One-on-one mentorship to help shape your creative journey. Learn more here.
- Creativity Lab: A monthly meet up to explore creativity and meditation at the Madison Shambhala Center. Free and open to all. Contact me for information and registration.
Receive my weekly newsletter: recent blog posts, events, and creative opportunities!